Salmon Souvlaki Bowls
This bowl is healthy, simple, easy, and delicious
that will warm you up in this cold weather.
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry pearl couscous or farro
- 2 red peppers quartered
- 1-inch zucchini cut into 1/4 rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4-8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- juice from 1 lemon
- In a medium sized bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, dill, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the salmon and toss well, making sure the salmon is completely coated in the seasonings. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous or farro according to package directions.
- In a bowl, toss together the red peppers, zucchini, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt + pepper. Toss well to coat the veggies.
- Heat your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium high heat.
- Transfer the salmon to the preheated grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. Remove the salmon from the grill. During the same time, add the bell peppers and zucchini, grill 3-4 minutes per side, or until char marks appear. Remove everything from the grill.
- To assemble, divide the couscous or farro among bowls and drizzle with lemon juice. Add the grilled veggies, salmon, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese.