Easy, comforting, and packed full of nutritious flavour!
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
1/2 red onion, diced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder (try to find good quality blends for more impressive flavours)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1/2 Fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Bunch Broccoli
- 1 Avocado
- Forbidden Black Rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add onions to a medium pot and sauté until softened.
- Add in garlic and ginger, sautéing until fragrant.
- Add in a splash of veggie broth and the curry spice. Stir and allow spices to become fragrant 1-2 minutes.
- Add in chickpeas, potatoes, and tomatoes. Stir to combine then add in remaining ingredients except for the lemon.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow to cook for about 25 minutes or until the curry has reduced and thickened.
- Serve with avocado, forbidden rice, broccoli and squeeze the lemon juice over the top
For the instant pot just add all these ingredients, (minus the avocado, rice and broccoli) seal and hit manual pressure for 15 minutes for a nice creamy and thick curry. Add avocado, rice and broccoli to serve.