Spinach Salad With Roasted Sweet Potatoes, White Beans & Basil
Nice fresh salad to enjoy in the warmer weather. You can enjoy it as a main or as a side dish.
- 1 sweet potato (12 ounces), peeled and diced (1/2-inch)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 10 cups baby spinach
- 1 (15 ounces) can low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, toasted
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Toss sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place basil, the remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a mini food processor. Process until mostly smooth. Transfer to the large bowl. Add spinach, beans, cabbage, bell pepper, pecans, and the cooled sweet potatoes. Toss to coat.