Spanish Garlic Shrimp
A simple and delicious dish that is perfect for casual entertaining.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sweet Spanish paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pour the oil into a large sauté pan and add the garlic and chili flakes. Turn the heat up to medium high. As the pan heats up, the oil will slowly get infused with the flavor of the garlic and chili (do not let the garlic brown) Once the oil is hot and the garlic is fragrant, add the shrimp to the pan. Season them with the paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook the shrimp about 2 minutes, until they just turn pink, stirring often. Add the sherry and lemon juice and cook another 2-3 minutes until the liquid is reduced and shrimp are cooked. Sprinkle the parsley on top. Serve with crusty bread for soaking up all of the delicious sauce.