Mediterranean octopus salad with grilled tomatoes
An octopus salad is a flavorful option for the hottest days.
- 4 large egg tomatoes (360g), halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 kilogram cleaned baby octopus
- 270 gram jar char-grilled red capsicum, drained, sliced thinly
- 1 medium oak leaf lettuce, torn
- 2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed, chopped coarsely
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (260g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (75g) seeded kalamata olives, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Place tomato, thyme, and half of the oil in a medium bowl, toss gently to combine. Cook on a heated oiled flat plate, uncovered until just softened and browned lightly.
Meanwhile, cook octopus, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) brushing with remaining oil, until just cooked through.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl with octopus, toss gently to combine. Serve salad with grilled tomato.