Cilantro Lime Chicken
This bold, saucy cilantro lime chicken takes on a delicious Mediterranean twist with a special spice mixture and a zesty, garlicy sauce. Word to the wise, make every use of the tasty sauce!
- 8chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2limes, juice of
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1bunch cilantro stems removed, chopped; more for garnish
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika (or hot paprika, if you like)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices. Pat the chicken thighs dry, and season each thigh on both sides with the spice mix. Be sure to season underneath the skin as well. Let the chicken thighs sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- When ready, heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet with a lid. Brown the chicken thighs deeply on both sides in the heated oil. Remove from skillet and set aside briefly.
- Lower the heat and deglaze the skillet with the white wine. Let cook reduce and then add the broth.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer then add lime juice and garlic.
- Now return the chicken to the skillet; and toss in the cilantro. Bring to a high simmer for about 5 minutes or so.
- Cover and transfer to the 375 degrees F-heated oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with more cilantro, if you like.