This one-pot wonder—with its delicious medley of potatoes, pinto beans, kale and savoury mussels—is the perfect meal for a chilly evening.
- 120g Mussels
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 1 chorizo sausage, approx. 140g, fully cooked and diced (optional)
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 ¾ cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can / 120g pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups kale, chopped coarse
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, chorizo and potato. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add pinto beans, kale and Mussels, including the liquid from mussels. Simmer for approx.10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy 🙂
Makes: 3 – 4 serves – Skill Level: Medium