- 4 5-ounce salmon filets (I ask the fishmonger to remove the skin)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted olives (whatever kind you like)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a cast-iron skillet or baking dish, drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to coat the bottom. Arrange the salmon filets in the pan, then scatter tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, lemon slices, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil over and around the salmon. Season with salt and pepper, then bake until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, a pinch of flaky salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. I like to serve over quinoa or cauliflower rice. Eat!