- 350g fresh sardines, cleaned, butterflied (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons, plus lemon slices to serve
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbs baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 1.Combine sardines, oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, capers and a pinch of salt in a glass bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes or until sh is opaque.
- 2.Serve immediately with lemon slices and extra parsley