This delicious salad combines the convenience of canned beans and our ready-to-eat Salmon with the fresh flavours of produce from your local market. SKILL LEVEL: EASY MAKES 4-5 SERVINGS
- 170g Cooked Smoked Salmon (reserve oil for dressing)
- ½ cup fresh green beans, cut into pieces
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans
- ½ cup canned black eye peas
- ½ cup canned garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced thin
- ½ tub cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach and/or arugula
- Lemon-Dill Dressing (see recipe below)
- Reserved oil from Salmon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, finely grated (to taste)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil, add green beans and boil for 1 minute. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine all beans and green onions.
- Add half of the dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange spinach and/or arugula on plate and top with bean mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and finish with Salmon (crumbled or whole fillet).