- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, cored and mashed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 pint half and half
- 6 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and lime juice. Stir. Add avocadoes, salt, and cumin. Stir.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender (depending on the size of your blender, you may have to puree half of the mixture at a time). Puree until smooth.
- Return avocado puree to the pot. Add the half and half. Heat through over medium heat, stirring continuously. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.