Steak is an excellent source of protein and iron, while porcini mushrooms are high in fibre and very low in calories. A delicious combination.
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 x 100g sirloin steaks
- Place the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with just enough boiling water to cover them, and leave them to soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes, then add the sliced chestnut mushrooms. Let them cook over a medium heat for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour, followed by the porcini mushrooms and their soaking water. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens. If it looks too thick, add a little more water.
- Meanwhile, cook the steaks to your liking, either on a griddle or in a frying pan.
- Serve the steaks with the mushrooms sauce poured over them and some steamed green veg on the side.