- 1 14-oz block firm, extra firm (or sprouted) organic tofu, cubed ~ pressed
- drizzle of toasted sesame oil (I use about 1 tsp)
- 1/3 cup organic tamari or balsamic vinegar or soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, microplaned
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and microplaned
- sprinkle of sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 scallion, sliced (optional)
- First, make the marinade. Combine the tamari/soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in an oven-proof dish.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary (sometimes I add more garlic and ginger)
- Cube the block of tofu and add it in. Gently stir it to coat the tofu with the marinade.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on it (if your dish is too large and the marinade can spread out, it can burn quickly).
- When it’s done, sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Enjoy!