- 1.6 kg large carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices diagonally
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 x 400 g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked, washed, dried, torn
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the carrot and oil in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place half the carrot, in a large roasting pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with half the cumin seeds. Turn and cook for a further 20-25 minutes or until the carrot is tender and golden. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining carrot and cumin seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice and mint, and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.