The fresh, tangy elements of a Greek salad–tomato, cucumber, feta, olives and lemony vinaigrette–pair well with rich-tasting sardines. The nutritional profile of this dish is simply amazing, low-calorie, high fibre, gluten-free, high calcium, great for bone health, healthy ageing, and healthy immunity.
Total:20 mins Servings:4
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into large chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 ounces 2 4-ounce cans sardines with bones, packed in olive oil or water, drained
Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
Add tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, feta, onion and olives; gently toss to combine.
Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with sardines.