- 600 grams fresh whole sardines
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic coves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1,5 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground pepper
- Optional: 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 250°C / 482°F.
- Clean the sardines by removing any scales and rinse well.
- Cover you oven’s tray or a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the sardines one next to the other.
- Cut the garlic cloves to very thin slices and toss on top of the sardines here and there.
- Dizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the oregano, kosher salt, and pepper on top.
- Cook the sardines for approximately 15 minutes until they get nice and roasted on top. There is no need to flip the fish while it cooks.
- Serve with a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon on top.